In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Dallas, TX (Lancaster)
Division: DSV Road Transport US
Job Posting Title: Truck Driver OTR, Road US
Time Type: Full Time
The DSV Road Transport Truck Driver, OTR position is responsible to remain alert while operating tractor/semi-trailers intra and inter-state between company and customer's facilities.
- Flexible Home Time
- No-Touch Freight
- Currently No Hazmat
- Paid Orientation
- Direct Deposit Paid Bi-Weekly (with DailyPay options available)
- 68-75 Cents Per Mile (depending on experience and region)
- Fuel Card Provided
- $1,000 Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (eligible on the first of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Generous PTO Package (Paid Holidays and Vacation)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Late Model Equipment
- 24/7 Dispatch & Road Support
- Drives semi-tractor/trailers for up to 11 hours after 10 hours off-duty on runs of up to one week or more.
- Backs trailers to customer docks to unload and/or load.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State safety regulations and safe and professional driving behavior.
- Communicates with customer representatives in pleasant, respectful, and efficient manner.
- Complies with all DOT requirements including drug and alcohol testing (subject to random and reasonable-suspicion drug and alcohol testing).
- Cranks dolly legs up and down.
- Applies tire chains in inclement weather when required
- Swings and secures trailer doors.
- Performs other duties as required
- Basic computer skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
Education and/or Experience
- 1 Year Minimum of Tractor Trailer Driving Experience
- Class A CDL Required
- Meet D.O.T. qualification requirements, FMCSR 391.41
- Ability to obtain/retain DOT Medical Card
- 3 years driving experience
- TWIC Card (or ability to obtain one)
- TSA Certification (or ability to obtain)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses some electronic and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Physically able with or without accommodation to:
- Lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently reach for freight at wait level and occasionally above should height or below waist level
- Shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals
- Frequently squat or crouch to handle and position freight
- Climb in and out of over-the-road tractor, 4 to 6 feet, 8 to 10 times daily with assistance of various steps and handholds; occasionally bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection on tractor and trailer
- Be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower/raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release level, lock/release pintle-hooks, fuel vehicles and check engine oil/coolant levels, perform preventative maintenance
- Must be able to spend at least 5% of day standing and 5% of the day walking on surfaces such as wood, metal and concrete. Surface may sometimes be slippery or wet
- Must be able to reach above should level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.